Garlic, onion salt and Parmesan cheese season these mashed potatoes that get a bit of richness from sour cream. For a fancy look, use a pastry tip to pipe the potatoes into rosettes before baking.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in butter.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add garlic; beat until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Midnight Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p59
Reviews for Midnight Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review