This variation on a mojito uses blackberry spreadable fruit, which gives it a deep purple color and a bit of sweetness in every sip.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup rum or brandy
- 1 cup club soda
- Mint sprigs
- In a small saucepan, combine spreadable fruit and water. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small pitcher, muddle mint leaves and lime juice. Add blackberry
- syrup and rum. Divide between two cocktail glasses. Stir in club
- soda; garnish with mint sprigs.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 203 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.