Microwaved Seasoned Broccoli Spears
Add a few simple herbs to this microwave-fast recipe for a nutritious veggie side dish. Melissa Just - Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a large microwave-safe bowl. Combine the remaining
- ingredients. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Cover and microwave
- on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.