Homemade stuffing in 15 minutes? You bet! Thanks to your microwave oven and this easy recipe from Evelyn Clark in Baraboo, Wisconsin. It's lower in sodium than packaged mixes…with great flavor you can tailor to your own taste.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-3/4 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- In a microwave-safe dish, beat egg and milk. Stir in the celery, onion and seasonings. Add stuffing cubes; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Cook for 1 minute; stir. Cook 30 seconds longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Poultry Dressing in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p45
Reviews for Microwaved Poultry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review