Microwaved Parmesan Chicken
This quick way to prepare chicken has been a family staple ever since a friend gave me the recipe. It's too good not to share. — Michael Herman, Carney, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe dish. Top with soy sauce, garlic
- powder and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter. Cover
- and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.