Microwaved Orange Roughy
Onion and mustard complement Microwaved Orange Roughy, tender flaky fish fillets that cook oh, so quickly. “We’re eating more fish these days, and this recipe is one of our favorites,” shares Alice Keohane Feeney of Morristown, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, toasted
- Place the onion in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with
- cooking spray. Top with orange roughy; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and
- 1 teaspoon water; pour over fish. Cover and microwave on high for 4
- minutes; drain.
- Combine the mustard and remaining lemon juice and water; spoon over
- fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 1 fillet (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,