Microwaved Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, toasted
- Place the onion in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Top with orange roughy; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon water; pour over fish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain.
- Combine the mustard and remaining lemon juice and water; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Orange Roughy in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Microwaved Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
Delicious and light. I served this with a rice pilaf and steamed green beans.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >