Microwaved Orange Roughy Recipe
Onion and mustard complement Microwaved Orange Roughy, tender flaky fish fillets that cook oh, so quickly. “We’re eating more fish these days, and this recipe is one of our favorites,” shares Alice Keohane Feeney of Morristown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, toasted
- Place the onion in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Top with orange roughy; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon water; pour over fish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain.
- Combine the mustard and remaining lemon juice and water; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Orange Roughy in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Microwaved Orange Roughy(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
Delicious and light. I served this with a rice pilaf and steamed green beans.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >