Microwaved Italian Eggplant Recipe
If you're trying to cut back on meat, you'll appreciate this main dish from Joan Donahue of Bensalem, Pennsylvania. The microwave makes it fast to fix these crumb-topped eggplant slices.
- 2 small eggplant, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut eggplant into 3/4-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and oregano. Brush one side of each eggplant slice with mayonnaise. Dip mayonnaise side into crumb mixture; place crumb side up in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until sauce is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Microwaved Italian Eggplant
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC