Microwaved Italian Eggplant Recipe
- 2 small eggplant, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut eggplant into 3/4-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and oregano. Brush one side of each eggplant slice with mayonnaise. Dip mayonnaise side into crumb mixture; place crumb side up in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until sauce is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 234 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.