If you're trying to cut back on meat, you'll appreciate this main dish from Joan Donahue of Bensalem, Pennsylvania. The microwave makes it fast to fix these crumb-topped eggplant slices.
- 2 small eggplant, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut eggplant into 3/4-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and oregano. Brush one side of each eggplant slice with mayonnaise. Dip mayonnaise side into crumb mixture; place crumb side up in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until sauce is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Italian Eggplant in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p34
Reviews for Microwaved Italian Eggplant
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review