Microwaved Italian Eggplant Recipe
If you're trying to cut back on meat, you'll appreciate this main dish from Joan Donahue of Bensalem, Pennsylvania. The microwave makes it fast to fix these crumb-topped eggplant slices.
- 2 small eggplant, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut eggplant into 3/4-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and oregano. Brush one side of each eggplant slice with mayonnaise. Dip mayonnaise side into crumb mixture; place crumb side up in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until sauce is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Italian Eggplant in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p34
Reviews for Microwaved Italian Eggplant(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review