- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Microwaved Chicken Kiev(3)
Sort By :
I always have a difficult time getting the butter sauce to stay inside the chicken whenever I make Chicken Kiev. It always leaks out, eventhough I fold the sides in! I baked it in the oven instead as I'm not big on how microwaves cook. I will try it again!
The recipe is good but something about cooking meat in the microwave doesn't sound appealing so I baked it.
I made it for the first time and loved it. I will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >