Microwaved Chicken Kiev Recipe
I fix these microwave-easy chicken breasts all the time and love the taste. —Dorothy LaCombe, Hamburg, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- 4. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 filled chicken breast half equals 328 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC