Microwaved Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- 4. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 filled chicken breast half: 328 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Microwaved Chicken Kiev
"OMG! This recipe was absolutely amazing. It cooked perfectly. I loved that it was a microwaveable recipe, because it's perfect for warm days. My hubby loves kiev, and I hate the freezer pre-made ones. I grow chives, and this was a good use of them. The crust was surprisingly crispy, which I didn't expect. I already have made this twice, and can't wait to make it for guests! LOVE LOVE LOVE."
"The recipe is good but something about cooking meat in the microwave doesn't sound appealing so I baked it."
"I made it for the first time and loved it. I will make it again.Darlene Hofer"