A homemade barbecue sauce tops these moist, tender chops from David Bray of Hoover, Alabama. "We like to use the microwave and love this recipe because it's so quick and easy to prepare."
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place pork chops in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next nine ingredients. Pour over the chops. Cover with plastic wrap; peel back one corner to vent. Microwave on high for 11-13 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into barbecue sauce. Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until thickened. Serve sauce over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Chops in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Microwaved Barbecued Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review