Microwave Walnut Brittle
Looking for a snappy standout? This brittle is simple to make in the microwave. Plus, it'll bring on the compliments quickly.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts or black walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a covered 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe glass dish, microwave the
- walnuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Stir;
- cook 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cover and
- microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes. Add baking soda; stir quickly
- until lightly foamy. Immediately pour onto a lightly buttered baking
- sheet; spread until very thin. When cool, break into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 1-1/4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.