Microwave Veggie Pilaf Recipe
“This is an easy recipe to double. I usually chop any leftover veggies and freeze in plastic bags. Then after work, I can make this dish quickly using the frozen chopped vegetables.” Mary Houle - Stephenson, MI
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash pepper
- 1. In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 369 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,338 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC