Microwave Veggie Pilaf Recipe
“This is an easy recipe to double. I usually chop any leftover veggies and freeze in plastic bags. Then after work, I can make this dish quickly using the frozen chopped vegetables.” Mary Houle - Stephenson, MI
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash pepper
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Veggie Pilaf in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p24
Reviews for Microwave Veggie Pilaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2011
Loved the taste and texture of this dish! Left out the green pepper and coriander since I didn't have any on hand, and had to use a chicken boullion cube. It doesn't get much easier or quicker than this - will definitely make this again!