My family digs into this moist, flavorful tuna casserole. Crisp celery along with zucchini and tomato give it a fresh twist. When I get home from work and we have to be somewhere else in 90 minutes, this is the recipe I rely on.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, celery and onions. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, 1 minute longer. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Tuna Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p25
Reviews for Microwave Tuna Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review