Microwave Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, celery and onions. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, 1 minute longer. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Microwave Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
wonderful recipe. I have used greek yogurt in place of mayo and fresh dill and basil for spices. Kids love it and it is one of our fav recipes
I have been making this recipe since I first found it a few years ago. It's easy to make and very tasty! Love the addition of the zuchini in the dish. I it most of the time as written. I have sometimes added more cheese, but that's a personal preferance of my family. THANKS for sharing the recipe...it is excellent!