Microwave Tuna 'n' Chips
My kids like this so much, they could eat it every day. For a change of pace, use canned chicken and cream of chicken soup instead.—Geraldine Clarke, Tuskegee Institute, Alabama
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the tuna, peas,
- celery, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Place half in a greased
- shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. sprinkle with 1/2 cup chips. Top
- with remaining tuna mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Top
- with remaining chips; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave 45 seconds
- longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 409 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,382 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.