- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place 24 small foil candy cups in miniature muffin cups or on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pecans into each; set cups and remaining pecans aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in cream and extract. Beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Immediately pour into prepared cups. Top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Microwave Truffles in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p44
Reviews for Microwave Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2015
"good and easy!!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
"Smooth, creamy and delicious! My husband doesn't like that much almond extract. I like it either way."