- 2 ounces uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno pepper
- Crumble chorizo into a small skillet; add garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked; drain. In a microwave-safe dish, combine chorizo mixture and beans. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
- Place the tortilla chips on a microwave-safe serving plate; sprinkle with cheese. Heat, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Spoon chorizo mixture over chips and cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeno. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Microwave Texas Nachos
Sort By :
These are awesome! They are now a Saturday afternoon staple at our house! They are pretty spicy but that's how we like it! Thanks for the great recipe!!