Grace Ling of Winona, Minnesota lets her microwave do the work with this hassle-free Swiss steak dinner. "Because this dish is so simple to assemble, it's perfect after a long day when I don't feel like cooking," she mentions.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; pound with a mallet to tenderize. Place the steak in an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with soup mix and mushrooms. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid; set tomatoes aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and tomato liquid until smooth. Add pepper, cayenne if desired and tomatoes. Pour over meat. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until mixture begins to boil. Microwave, covered, at 50% power for 14-19 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Swiss Steak in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p33
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Microwave Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2014
"Hey really it amazing and so tasty i loved it..I really want please you all try this pleasehttp://allyummyvegandnonvegdish.blogspot.in/2014/12/Yummay-Delicous-swiss-steak-recipe.html"