Microwave Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; pound with a mallet to tenderize. Place the steak in an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with soup mix and mushrooms. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid; set tomatoes aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and tomato liquid until smooth. Add pepper, cayenne if desired and tomatoes. Pour over meat. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until mixture begins to boil. Microwave, covered, at 50% power for 14-19 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Swiss Steak in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p33
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Microwave Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2014
"Hey really it amazing and so tasty i loved it..I really want please you all try this pleasehttp://allyummyvegandnonvegdish.blogspot.in/2014/12/Yummay-Delicous-swiss-steak-recipe.html"