When my daughters were little, the only meats they ate were hot dogs and hamburger. But when I served this dish, they loved it!—Karen Kurtz, Muskegon, Michigan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Melt butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange meat evenly in dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring once. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir flour and soup mix into drippings until blended. Gradually add water, stirring until smooth. Add mushrooms and beef.
- Cover and microwave on high for 13-14 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened, stirring several times. Stir in the sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Stroganoff in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p15
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Microwave Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review