Microwave Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
"I do a lot of cooking and baking in spring and early summer when the rhubarb is tender," writes Lorraine Guzek of Thief River Falls, Minnesota. "This tangy-sweet sauce is delicious over ice cream and so easy to make."
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the fruit, water and tapioca Let stand for 5 minutes. Cover and microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes. Stir; cook 2-1/2 minutes longer or until the rhubarb is tender. Stir in the sugar. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir in food coloring if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 21 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC