One of the pleasant surprises about squash is that it's so low in calories. That means I can "splurge" a little with the other ingredients. Spaghetti squash is fun to work with and so "tender tasty"!
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce squash with a fork. Place on paper towel in microwave; cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes per pound or until squash is soft. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Cut in half; remove seeds and scoop out pulp. Set aside. In a 2-qt. casserole, toss red pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until slightly soft. Add tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Toss with squash and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Spaghetti Squash in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p19
Reviews for Microwave Spaghetti Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review