Microwave Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce squash with a fork. Place on paper towel in microwave; cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes per pound or until squash is soft. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Cut in half; remove seeds and scoop out pulp. Set aside. In a 2-qt. casserole, toss red pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until slightly soft. Add tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Toss with squash and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Microwave Spaghetti Squash(3)
Sort By :
You need a larger squash. Count on 1/2 lb. per serving. Extra vegetables need to be sauteed in oil, and highly seasoned.
I thought it was great as is but now that I have read the other review, I will try it his way.
I loved the thought of cooking the squash whole in the microwave. It was so much easier and safer than trying to cut it in half raw. I suggest using a knife rather than a fork to vent the squash since the skin is tough. I cooked up the veggies in a pan on the stove top while nuking the squash. I added 1tsp dried sweet basil, 1/2tsp oregano, 1/2tsp dried sage, and increased the pepper to 2tsp. My wife suggested I add some lemon juice, and pow, that is just what was needed to brighten up the dish. She made sure that I wrote this down so we could make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spaghetti Squash Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >