Microwave Snack Mix Recipe
Priscilla Weaver zaps this fun snack in her microwave in Hagerstown, Maryland. "The peanuts and pretzels come out so crisp and munchy you'd think they were oven baked," she assures.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine crackers, pretzels and peanuts. Add butter mixture and mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture begins to toast, carefully stirring every 2 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 338 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC