Microwave Snack Mix
Priscilla Weaver zaps this fun snack in her microwave in Hagerstown, Maryland. "The peanuts and pretzels come out so crisp and munchy you'd think they were oven baked," she assures.
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, chili powder, cumin
- and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or
- until butter is melted. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine
- crackers, pretzels and peanuts. Add butter mixture and mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture begins to toast, carefully
- stirring every 2 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 338 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.