Priscilla Weaver zaps this fun snack in her microwave in Hagerstown, Maryland. "The peanuts and pretzels come out so crisp and munchy you'd think they were oven baked," she assures.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine crackers, pretzels and peanuts. Add butter mixture and mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture begins to toast, carefully stirring every 2 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Microwave Snack Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47
Reviews for Microwave Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review