Microwave Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
I adapted this recipe from one that came with our microwave oven. The results were delicious.—Mary Hufford-Baker, Sweet Home, Oregon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted. In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the potatoes, onion and cheese sauce. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and microwave on high for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 253 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2010
"easy! Perfect with ham on a cold fall night"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC