Microwave Scalloped Corn
This recipe earns big points for flavor and ease of preparation. It's the only corn scallop recipe I use anymore.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the corn, milk, cracker crumbs, butter,
- sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a greased 1-qt.
- microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave at 70% power for 4-6 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.