I love the salsa served at my favorite Mexican restaurant, so I set out to match the flavor. I think I've achieved my goal. It's so easy to make in the microwave. Now we can enjoy salsa anytime.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Add
- green pepper, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Microwave on
- high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately
- with tortilla chips. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up
- to 3 days. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.