Microwave Salsa Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Add green pepper, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.