- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Add green pepper, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Microwave Salsa
"quick and easy. Warmed salsa is a little different, but still tastes great!"
"Very Good! I didn't have any green onion so I used red onion instead. I also diced up a couple jarred jalepeno rings and added 1 T. of the jalepeno juice just for a bit more spice. DELICIOUS!!!!!"
"i would not heat it, i think it loses its flavor when heated"
"Do you need to Microwave this?"