I love the salsa served at my favorite Mexican restaurant, so I set out to match the flavor. I think I've achieved my goal. It's so easy to make in the microwave. Now we can enjoy salsa anytime.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Add green pepper, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Microwave Salsa in Country August/September 1996, p51
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Microwave Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review