Microwave Rice Pilaf Recipe
In Shattuc, Illinois, Norma Jean Koelmel cooks this speedy side dish to complement most any meal. "It's just the right amount for my husband and me," she notes. "But it's easy to double for a larger family."
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery, green pepper and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 7-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 145 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Rice Pilaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC