Microwave Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery, green pepper and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 7-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 145 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Microwave Rice Pilaf
"easy and loved"
"I don't like white rice but I loved this and it is quick."