Microwave Rice Pilaf Recipe
In Shattuc, Illinois, Norma Jean Koelmel cooks this speedy side dish to complement most any meal. "It's just the right amount for my husband and me," she notes. "But it's easy to double for a larger family."
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery, green pepper and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 7-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p15
Reviews for Microwave Rice Pilaf(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >