Microwave Rhubarb Sauce
This sweet sauce is scrumptious served over ice cream. My sister shared the quick and easy recipe with me.—Carol Gode, Lamberton, Minnesota
6-9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is
- tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pudding mix until blended;
- cook for 30-90 seconds or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 6-9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 86 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.