- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups cubed turkey pastrami
- 5 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds and half of the cheese. Top with the salad dressing, pastrami and remaining cheese. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and microwave at 60% power for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forMicrowave Reuben Casserole
"I used leftover corned beef rather than the pastrami. I was very good,"