Microwave Potato Wedges
These wedges taste like baked potatoes but are faster to make because they cook in the microwave. The simple seasoning makes them crispy and golden.—Dorothy Umberger, Ceres, Virginia
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 unpeeled medium baking potato
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the first four ingredients on a microwave-safe plate. Cut
- potato lengthwise into eight wedges. Coat wedges in the seasoning
- mixture; arrange on the same plate. Cover and cook on high for 4-6
- minutes or until tender, turning wedges once. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: Potatoes may be prepared in a conventional oven. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with salt-free seasoning blend and fat-free Parmesan cheese topping) equals 181 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.