Microwave Potato Salad Recipe
Microwaving potatoes for this tasty side is a handy timesaver—especially in warm weather. I found the original recipe in an old cookbook and added roasted peppers and olives for color and zip. Chop your ingredients while the potates cook, and the salad’s ready to chill in 20 minutes! -- Bonnie Carelli, Charlton Heights, West Virginia
- 7 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 344 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC