Microwave Potato Salad Recipe
- 7 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 344 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Potato Salad
"This was so much easier than boiling and peeling potatoes! It was really tasty and my family loved it. Before adding the mayonnaise, I measured it into a glass 1 cup measuring cup, added a tsp each of vinegar, sugar, and mustard. I stirred it up and then mixed into the other ingredients. I also left out the cheese and used yellow onion chopped up instead of green onion. The olives really made this recipe!"
"Very good flavor and nice variation from traditional potato salads."