Microwave Potato Chips Recipe
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Curry powder
- Layer three paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/16-in.-thick slices. Brush slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and curry. Arrange on prepared plate (do not overlap).
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn and microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining potatoes, oil and seasonings. Let chips cool for at least 1 minute before serving. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Microwave Potato Chips(6)
Sort By :
These are soo simple to make. You can make any flavor you like
we call this a Dangerous recipe; very easy and very good. used a mandoline to cut the slices 1/16 inch, sprayed with olive oil spray, and had 2 plates going at a time. the kids love them!! hubbie says he will make these for movie night sometimes instead of the usual popcorn. karen
What wattage microwave is being used in this recipe. Why is that no longer mentioned in MW recipes?
Mine turned out great--I actually needed less cooking time. If sliced too thin, they tend to stick to the paper towels. Great lower-fat alternative when nothing else will do but potato chips!
I followed the directions exactly. They were raw after the cooking time. I ended up adding 10 minutes and ended up with a cooked but doughy chip. The flavor left a lot to be desired. I was very unhappy. I made very sure to slice them correctly and to watch the time and the power.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Chips >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Snacks >