- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 2-qt. casserole dish, microwave the ground beef for 2 minutes; stir and microwave another 1-1/2 minutes or until done. Drain thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Cook for 10-1/2 minutes on HIGH, stirring twice during cooking. Sprinkle cheese over casserole; cook 30 seconds on HIGH until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Pizza Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1990, p35
Reviews for Microwave Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2011
"Very good & easy to make. I gave this recipe to my adult son who has basic cooking skills. He found it easy to make and he and his roommates enjoyed it also."