I often make this quick and easy recipe— it can even be made ahead of time and frozen. For gift-giving, I decorate the jar lids with Christmas fabric, lace and ribbons.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves or sliced peaches, drained
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- Place peaches in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peaches, pectin, cinnamon and allspice. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture just begins to bubble, stirring every minute.
- Stir in sugar; microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a rolling boil, stirring after 3 minutes. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pour hot into hot jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cool slightly.
- Cover with tight-fitting lids. Refrigerate or freeze. May be refrigerated for 3 weeks or frozen up to 3 months. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Microwave Peach Butter in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p39
Reviews for Microwave Peach Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review