Microwave Parmesan Chicken
The golden coating over moist chicken makes people think you fussed.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- Melt butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe baking dish. In a
- shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dredge chicken in
- butter, then in crumb mixture. Place chicken in the baking dish,
- with skin side up and thick edges toward the outside. Sprinkle with
- remaining crumb mixture. Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until
- juices run clear and chicken is no long pink, rotating dish
- occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.