Microwave Oatmeal Cake Recipe
This cookie has a yummy topping. I keep my eye out for good microwave recipes like this delicious cookie.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Dash salt
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring once; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla and oat mixture. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to oat mixture until combined.
- 3. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Shield corners with small triangles of foil. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 6 minutes. Cook on high for 6 minutes or until when center is touched, cake clings to finger while area underneath is almost dry. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- 4. Combine topping ingredients in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until thicken and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread over warm cake. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 605 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Oatmeal Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC