My mother shared this speedy recipe with me. There are not a lot of ingredients, so these chewy treats are easy to fix in the microwave. —Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine oats and brown sugar. Stir in butter and corn syrup. Press into a greased 9-in.-square microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Rotate a half turn; microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Microwave at 30% power for 4-1/2 minutes or until chips are glossy; spread chocolate evenly over top.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Oatmeal Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p7
Reviews for Microwave Oatmeal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review