- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine oats and brown sugar. Stir in butter and corn syrup. Press into a greased 9-in.-square microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Rotate a half turn; microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Microwave at 30% power for 4-1/2 minutes or until chips are glossy; spread chocolate evenly over top.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Microwave Oatmeal Bars
Sort By :
"Super easy to make and quite delicious. I added cinnamon chips, nutmeg, and cloves to boost the flavor. They smelled and tasted like Christmas :)"
"This recipe couldn't have been any easier to make. My microwave is a newer model so it only took 3 minutes to melt the chocolate chips. This is great for a last minute desert. I stuck mine in the freezer for a few minutes so we could try them out sooner. Will definitely make again! And I may try some Peanut butter in between the cooked oatmeal and chips nest time."
"Only thing is, the recipe didn't say best way to store them, if you keep them in fridge, you have to let them come to room temp to slice easier"
"This was so easy to make and everyone loved it!, half the dish was eaten rightup!, cooked it for a little less and also had added some peanut butter to the mix, tasted like a chewy pb chocolate granola bar!"
"These were easy and we both liked them quite a bit. I may add a little peanut butter next time to boost the flavor of the bars. For the amount of ingredients and the time it took, these were well worth making."