"This hearty soup is packed with vegetables and pasta," remarks Emma Magielda of Amsterdam, New York. "By the time I set the table, it's ready."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup each sliced carrots, celery and zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, celery,
- zucchini, yellow pepper and onion. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 9-11 minutes. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 220 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.