Microwave Meatballs and Rice Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, chili powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (3 ounces) equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Meatballs and Rice
"Quick, easy, and delicious! It's a great combination of flavors. I kept going back for more. The stewed tomatoes are in big chunks so I cut them up into smaller pieces. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing. This recipe is yummy!"