Microwave Meatball Stew Recipe
The meatballs are made extra fast in the microwave for the perfect weeknight stew. The herbs are so flavorful and will make the stew so delicious.—Clara Goddard, Orillia, Ontario
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1-1/4 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1-1/4 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, crumbs, onion and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place in a microwave-safe baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs and microwave 3-4 minutes longer; drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the next seven ingredients; spoon over meatballs. Cover and cook at 50% power for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Combine the cornstarch, water and browning sauce if desired until smooth; gradually stir into the stew. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 333 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1274mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Meatball Stew
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC