Microwave Meat Loaf
Tomato sauce drapes this well-seasoned mini loaf from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut.
Tip: Add your favorite herbs to leftover tomato sauce and use as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place beef mix in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, onion
- and Italian seasoning. Mix well; shape into a loaf.
- Place in a microwave-safe shallow baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 165°.
- Place remaining tomato sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover
- and microwave on high for 15 seconds or until heated through. Pour
- over meat loaf. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meat loaf equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,084 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.