- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave beef on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2 minutes longer or until no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, basil and garlic powder; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parsley, egg and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Layer with three noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the remaining meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer remaining noodles, cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce. Pour water along edges of casserole on short sides of dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap; microwave on high for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, rotating dish after 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Lasagna in Country Woman January/February 2005, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Microwave Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2013
This came out beautifully. Tasty and better texture than most traditional oven lasagna recipes.