Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
In Plainfield, Illinois, Linda Oelrich drizzles this rich sauce over veggies or eggs Benedict. "It cooks in the microwave while you poach the eggs," she writes. "Add muffins and fruit, and it beats breakfast at a fancy restaurant."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; whisk lightly. Heat 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Whisk in the remaining butter until melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add a small amount of hot milk mixture. Return all to the 1-qt. dish, stirring constantly. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 76 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC