Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; whisk lightly. Heat 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Whisk in the remaining butter until melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add a small amount of hot milk mixture. Return all to the 1-qt. dish, stirring constantly. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 76 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
"Quick and easy to make and it came out perfect. I did reduce the amount of flour for a less thicker sauce. 1tbsp of flour per egg."