Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; whisk lightly. Heat 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Whisk in the remaining butter until melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add a small amount of hot milk mixture. Return all to the 1-qt. dish, stirring constantly. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 76 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
"Quick and easy to make and it came out perfect. I did reduce the amount of flour for a less thicker sauce. 1tbsp of flour per egg."