Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; whisk lightly. Heat 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Whisk in the remaining butter until melted.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add a small amount of hot milk mixture. Return all to the 1-qt. dish, stirring constantly. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Hollandaise Sauce in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p19
Reviews for Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2014
"Quick and easy to make and it came out perfect. I did reduce the amount of flour for a less thicker sauce. 1tbsp of flour per egg."