Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
In Plainfield, Illinois, Linda Oelrich drizzles this rich sauce over veggies or eggs Benedict. "It cooks in the microwave while you poach the eggs," she writes. "Add muffins and fruit, and it beats breakfast at a fancy restaurant."
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; whisk lightly. Heat 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Whisk in the remaining butter until melted.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add a small amount of hot milk mixture. Return all to the 1-qt. dish, stirring constantly. Whisk in the lemon juice and salt until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Hollandaise Sauce in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p19
Reviews for Microwave Hollandaise Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review